Thursday, September 4, 2008

Jackson Hole

My entire family--which includes 2 parents, 4 siblings, 3 sibling in-laws, and 12 nieces and nephews...PLUS me and Rich and our 3 kiddos. Done the math? That is 26 of us that went to Jackson this weekend to celebrate Mom and Dad's 40th Anniversary. We had such a great time!!! Even if I was hangin with the Nerd Herd. Ü

Here are the Good Times:

The boys getting ready to do a little raftin!
(Look closely-I think there is an actual aura around my Dad's Diet Coke, as if it is singing high praises to the heavens)


The girls


We had so many people we did 2 river runs. For anyone reading and interested, that there in the back is not our river guide. That is my hunky, single, athletic, awesome, and did I mention SINGLE brother, Dallon....(just helpin ya out bro) Ü

Check out Rich's face....classic!


Whoa!! 'Bout to lose Rich there!


The boys helped me make Monkey Munch, hence they got to lick the bowl!


Richie on the way to the river.


Tami & Rich and the rest of the adults went to Bar J while all the kiddos stayed back at the condo (except for Alora, of course, who still refuses a bottle) I laughed my head off and had some gooood eats here.


Richie and his cousins, Carson and Jacob. They played A LOT of video games. A true vacation.


Ahhhh, my little chubba-wubba


Mom and Dad with all the grandkids (You can actually see my Dad's hair getting greyer)


Tami, Dallon, Lauri, Derrek & Dayna with Mom & Pops


The one-legged man!


Most of the family had gone to Jackson to do some shopping, but our little family decided to branch out and go to Teton Nat'l Park. We took a boat across Jenny Lake and hiked to Hidden Falls. It was really spectacular. At one point, however, it did snow on us. Brrrrrrrrrr.

We thought we would be saving some money by doing this. Not so much.

-REALLY cheap sneakers from K Mart: $15.00
(Rich and I didn't bring hiking shoes-brilliant, I know)
-Admission to get into Teton National Park (that we failed to realize before-hand): $25.00
-Round trip tickets to get across Jenny Lake: $29.50
-Ponchos (because we clearly planned THIS trip well): $3.00
-Spending quality time with my family and being able to see these incredible places...(wait for it...)PRICELESS.










2 comments:

McMillan Family said...

looks like you guys had fun. I love Rich's face it is priceless.

Sarah Garner said...

Oh how fun! You just made me realize how much I want... no... NEED a vacation!