Sunday, August 10, 2008

Alora's Blessing Day!

We blessed Alora on August 3, 2008. It was such a wonderful day! I was only sorry that ALL of our friends and family couldn't come!

Rich did such a wonderful job, and gave Alora a beautiful, heart-felt blessing. Afterwards, we went to our home and had lunch with our friends and family.

My dear, sweet sister-in-law made Alora's blessing dress, and she did such an awesome job. Thank you so much, Kappy!!!! We used the material from the train of my wedding dress to make it. The flower in the front is one of the flowers from the back of my train, where it was attatched to my wedding dress, with 3 more flowers on the back, and one on the headband.


Here is the back of the dress:


Alora getting ready for her big day!


Tami, Rich and Alora at the church:


Mom and sisters: Mom, Tami, Alora, Dayna & Lauri


The Watts family:


Sleeping Beauty:


So pretty!


Alora's middle name is Afton, after my dear Grandmother. The little necklace she is wearing with the pink rose, had belonged to her.





Grandpa Williams:


Aunt Lauri:


Aunt Dayna:


Family friend, Terra:


Family friend, Jen:


And...the rest of the gang!

1 comment:

Sarah Garner said...

Wow, I thought Aloras blessing dress was beautiful when I saw it at church, but it is even more beautiful knowing the story of where it came from! That is so sweet!