Thursday, January 8, 2009

Some days...

Some days are just bleck days. You know the kind of day that you don't feel like doing a single thing and are still hanging out in your pajama pants at 3pm? Well, today is a bleck day for me. I worked out this morning and never bothered to shower. Eww. My once fabulous sleeper, Alora is now sleeping in these little 15 minute spurts. She is teething hence not taking her naps, hence me not getting anything accomplished whatsoever. (oh, except write in my blog while listening to her cry in her crib, hoping she will go to sleep soon) And when I do get up and catch a glance at myself I pray no one comes to the door unexpectedly because I would fear they would call CPS because I was neglecting my kids who are still in their pajamas at 3pm (and one that is crying in her crib). And when your husband comes home at 6pm and you still have the just-rolled-out-of-bed look, and he gives you the raised-eyebrow-what-DID-you-DO-all-day-woman?!? look. Ahhhh. Did I mention I haven't brushed my teeth today either? Ewwwww. Well, TMI, but today? Who cares. Just don't come to my house. It's a bleck day and I would hate for my stank to reach you. Ü

9 comments:

Jennie said...

Oh man. I'm sorry it's a bleck day. No worries. Just give it to it. Tomorrow will better. Everyone need a bleck day.... as long as it is accompanied by chocolate. :)
And, as for the husband. Now worries there either. After all, sometimes our men take a "personal day" right? They call in sick when they really aren't. Well, today was your personal day. You called in sick and that's why you didn't get a lot done. So... the next time you are having a bleck day, call him on the way home from work and tell him to pick up some Cafe Rio for dinner. You deserve it! And, I am sure when he hears it is either take out or cereal for dinner, he'll be happy to stop. BTW, we had your Taco Soup for dinner tonight. Love it! It is one of my fav winter recipes. By the time winter is over, my fam is totally sick of it because I make it so much. And then.... just kiddin'. Just wanted to see how long I could really make this novel comment. :)

The Benoits said...

Oh Tami...that was my day yesterday. However, after the gym I did make it to the shower. If not I usually make all those around me including myself sick. Ok, TMI but you get the picture. But after the shower it was back in the jammies and that was the extent of my day. We all deserve days like the one you're having. It's usually my luck that when I have days like that I remember at the last minute that I'm supposed to be somewhere...go figure.

Quela said...

dude, that happens to me all the time. no worries.

Shelly said...

And when he looks at you and raises his eye brows, when you know he is wondering what you did all day...you just know that you took care of his kids all day and don't apologize at all! That is what a stay at home mom, does!

Sarah Garner said...

Oooooh I'm sooo glad I'm not the only one that has "those" days!!!

Brindy said...

Enjoy those days Tami, because we all know that you don't have very many of them! I think I had a couple of those days last week...with the exception of a little cleaning. :)

Mechelle said...

I think January should be National Bleck Month so bleck on people!

Sarah Garner said...

hahaha... I just had one of those on Tuesday and low and behold my MIL decided to pick that day to make a suprise visit.. LOVELY!

Adrienne said...

So glad to hear it's not just me. When I first started reading this, I thought you said "BLACK" days, and I thought, wow, someone else has those too?